Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Latest Books -Forgiven- Mysteries

Hey guys, so I just finished one of the best books I've ever read. I read the first one last year, its called "Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side" and it is so thrilling that I honestly can't keep quiet about it. I recently discovered that the wedding chapters are online and that the sequel, "Jessica Rules the Dark Side" had come out as well so I read the first one again, I soon grew addicted to the thrilling, romantic book and as soon as I snapped the first one shut I got on the computer, reading the wedding chapters, then rushed to the book store and bought the second one. From the time I got home until about an hour ago, except for sleep, I didn't put the book down. Despite my headache from my tense shoulders I continued reading, unable to rest decently without knowing how it ended. Bath Fataskey is one of the best authors I've ever read due to the way she writes. The book is told from Jessica's point of view and as you read through it she pulled you into the book, making you feel just like Jessica would and as if every character were real live people. This book touches me in a way that it is impossible for any sort of movie, anime, or manga...and they make me shiver and cry at some points. I can't stop raving about the book, but that isn't the only reason I can't keep quiet. As I read through the vivid book I laughed, cried, screamed, and swooned and felt every emotion to the max, I gritted my teeth at tense moment, blushed at romantic ones, and couldn't tear my eyes from the book as it drove me mad and I drank in the words that were like heaven as they pulled me into the book.

I know there are a lot of teenagers right now who are like 'vampires suck since twilight and I'm not jumping on the band wagon' I warn you, I have NOT jumped on the band wagon, although I have read, AND THOROUGHLY ENJOYED vampire books. Lets face it though, vampires are something all human kind has been obsessed with ever since they entered into our imaginations and lurked in the dark corners of our mind. What fascinates us about them is the fact that they rule the darkness and are obscure to us. What makes them romantic to girls is the same reason bad boys excite us. We love the idea of a man being tormented and slowly dragged into a world of craving for us...for our blood, and us having to tame them and keep them from the brink of insanity as they battle their true dark nature to not hurt us! Yeah....there is no shame in wanting a guy to crave you, or even have a huge battle inside himself or with someone else over you. So while I hate twilight and most generic vampire books, you are all forgiven if you like something like that...but only if you read Jassica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side because that book is by far one of the most romantic, most exciting books I've ever read....*lost in thought as I drool over the love between Jessica and Lucius that I wish I had with him* Anyways, my favorite quality about the romance of this book is the vampire outlook on it. Techniquely they don't believe vampires can love, they can feel passion, but so far the only exception has been Lucius and Jessica because their love excells all bounds...but I'm losing the point.

In this book, after a couple share blood and get married, they are fiercely loyal to one another..it is an eternal bond that can never be broken and it is just so romantic to think about it...eternity with someone you love and never fearing or distrusting them ever again because you two have shared one of the most sacred moments any two beings could ever share. *I shiver at the very thought of it and I know I must go re-read every book one more time before I can actually get over this series.*

Now here we go to the mysteries. The second book in the series revolved mostly around how Jessica grows into a true vampire ruler and over comes her weakness inside her in order to save Lucius who has been framed for a murder and if his name is not cleared...he will disappear or will be 'destroyed'. That being said, its a bit of a mystery that one tries to solve as they read through it. Well...I am boasting to say that in the first quarter of the book, if not sooner,I already know who the killer is. *ha. ha. ha. suck on that I rule.* I also noticed something though. I noticed what it takes to hide the murderer from the readers and keep the mystery alive. So far here is what I've learned it takes.

1. Introduce many new characters together.
2. Only have them appear in groups of two or more for the most part.
3. Make them seem innocent.
4. Don't give them much face time and make them seem like a random character who is just an after thought.
5. Slowly reveal a little more about them as they get a little more face time in the book.

These are all things I've noticed in books when people are looking for a killer. You don't see them very much and you rarely see them alone by themselves or one on one with the main character. AND THEY ALWAYS SEEM INSIGNIFICANT!

Sooo thats the post for the day. :) hope you guys liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment