Monday, September 19, 2011

Crying - Is it REALLY alright? / update

When you enter a movie theater and you are with someone who cries at the end of sad/inspirational/happy/etc. movies and you don't, you probably ask yourself first,"How hard am I going to make fun of them this time?" Secondly you're probably considering the following:
1. Do I really want to sit next to this person as they cry their eyes out and probably get their nose moisture on my new sweater?
2. Do I have any tissues to combat the last problem?
3. Is it going to be awkward for me to sit there and see them cry?
4. Should I comfort them, make fun of them, or act like its not happening?
and finally...
5. Are they going to be loud and cause attention?

Depending on your answers you may act like you have an upset stomach and abandon them at the movie, you may grab an umbrella, or you may snuggle into your chair and get ready to tear your friend apart emotionally for kicks and giggles about how they cried in the movie.

All of the following may be acceptable depending on the time and place, especially the third option. However, while it may be acceptable during movie, it is NOT acceptable during animes. (*shakes head no solemnly*) Not acceptable at all.

If you want to know the main difference between crying during movies and crying during an anime I'll tell you: The biggest difference between crying during a movie and crying during anime is the length of it. A average movie maybe up to an hour and a half long while the average lifespan of one (real) anime season (not mainstream crap anime) is about 25 to 50 episodes, the average episode being about 30 minuets long, the time of your life devoted to that anime, its plot, and its characters ends up being a whopping 12 1/2 to 25 hours of your life. A well sacrificed 12 1/2 to 25 hours, but still a lot of valuable time of your life to be devoted, bequeathed, and bestowed upon/to this anime....and that's just one season. Don't even get me started on if there is a season two!

The question I am answering for today: Is it alright to cry during animes?
the answer: Helz yes it is!

Think about it, you've just spent about 13 to 25 hours of your life with this anime, getting to love its story and plot, and getting attached to its characters as you learn their story and begin to sympathize with them! You may see a whole characters life flash before your eyes, you now every aspect of this character and its heart wrenching to see something horrid happen to them because you now know and love this character! This character is like a part of you now. I know after I spent a whole day with someone, getting to really know who they are and understand them, I'd be pretty upset if a demon came out of no where and was like "The writers of this anime decided they wanted to end it with you death, so it turns out I'm the demon that killed your whole family, and the reason I look like your sister is because I didn't kill her, I just ate her soul so this battle is especially hard for you, eminently leading to your death in order to save someone else who is important to you somehow, however everyone knew you were gonna die, you're just too good a person to survive this anime." and then boom, the person whips out their sword and there's an epic battle and as the character falls, sacrificing his/her self to free his/her sister's soul and prevent this from happening again....yeah I'd cry! I'd ball like a baby as I clutched his/her dead body in my hands,"WHY?! I just watched your whole anime! NOW YOUR DEAD?! I JUST STARTED TO LOVE YOU! I WAS GOING TO COSPLAY AS YOUUUUUUUU! NOOOOOO!" yeah, I'd cry pretty hard.

So I suppose this is a matter to be left up to the individual, however while a 98 percent of the population thinks its unacceptable for the remaining 2 percent to cry in a movie and usually makes fun of poor 2 percent, the norm is that its unacceptable to cry during a movie because its just a movie. However I have deemed it acceptable to cry during an anime. That's the final word on the matter.

P.S. I'd love to hear what you have to say about crying during animes v.s. crying during movies, please feel free to comment.




UPDATE: In other news, I'm a senior this year, wow right? I need to post more on this blog, but I have decided to do my best to try and post at least ONCE A WEEK! Now if you remember, last year when I told you about how when you're a junior, to intimidate others, you have to be mean and scary, well this year I'm a senior, and since I don't have to see any of these people ever again, I've now started pushing people out of my way in the halls because I don't have time to wait around for this huge group of people to finish their conversation about whatever they are talking about. All I hear is blah blah blah. So I push them out of the way and say 'I'm walking here!' so now I'm a big, mean, scary senior. :D Yay! Now, just because I push people out of my way doesn't mean violence is the answer, it is just my particular way of solving things temporarily until I develop mind control over the weaker minds here at my school. :) So yeah, don't be mean its not nice and no one likes mean people. :/ so just don't do it, if you're thinking about being mean, just don't, hold it in and punch a pillow when you get home, because sure, the pillow didn't didn't do anything to you, but it lets you sleep on it, so I think it will be alright with you punching it when you get home. :P


I would also like to announce that I am now working on an official label for my blog and working on my official Anime Lovers Delight Cosplay Kitty Mascot! thanks go out to my dad this time specifically for encouraging me to always do my best! :D I love you daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment