Sunday, April 1, 2012

Conventions Coming up! Baking Soda V.S. Charcoal, and Instant Results (tanning)

Alright so M-TAC is coming up and I am super excited! I've gotten two big cosplays picked out and they are totally awesome. But for now I'll keep you guessing (hint hint: one of then has green hair, the other has blue)That being said make sure you start packing early and don't leave shopping until the last minuet because you may only think you need eyelashes and fake nails, but it turns out you also need another pair of yoga pants, shaving cream,more hair clips and hair bands, and a truck load of other things. My mother and I got my shopping done this weekend and my mom was amazing and she truly is spectacular when it comes to helping me out. Her first, most important rules for shopping in a hurry?
1. Get everything you possibly can at one store.
2. Make a list before going and don't get flustered or frustrated. :)

So yeah but more on that on a Convention Skills post.


Baking Soda V.S. Charcoal!
So Japan has charcoal in like EVERYTHING! They have it in odder absorbers, face wash, and even toothpaste! (AH! right?)(If you check out J-List you can see the face wash and the toothpaste lol I think they even have it in shampoo) Apparently charcoal is great for your skin because it absorbed oil and apparently it whitened and cleans your teeth like amazingly and its just great stuff. Well here in America we have Baking Soda in like EVERYTHING! We have it in tooth paste now, we use it for cooking, we use it to freshen rooms and absorb smells, and you can even make a face scrub out of it at home! (its SUPER easy, just mix some baking soda with a little bit of water to make a thick, rough paste and scrub your face off with it. Baking soda is used to extract poison from bee stings, well it does the same thing for you face. it absorbs oil and gets out all of the 'poisons' in your face and pore and stuff. I just used it, scrubbed my face with it and it was AWESOME!) So my question is....which has more uses? Charcoal or Baking Soda? ...something to think about for later.. hmmm. (haha coming soon)

Get your bathing suits on, we're staying inside!
Most of us who watch anime and play video games and what not don't make a lot of time for like, sunlight, and we don't really notice how light our skin gets....until you have to wear short shorts for a cosplay at a convention. 0.0 Then you're like 'HOLY CRAP I GOTTA GET SOME SUN!' or 'HOLY GUACAMOLE I GOTTA GET TO THE TANNING BED BATMAN!' of course getting a natural suntan can take weeks, and doesn't work for some people if their skin is just naturally too light and they don't tan well, and come on...a tanning bed? They are sooo expensive and even then it takes a couple of visits. If you've only got a week left, neither of those will work. So what do you do? Read Anime Lovers Delight because I have the answer! Last year I only had two weeks and my mom gave me some Jergens lotion that gradually got your skin darker, I could tell a difference, but it took a lot longer than two weeks and I had to do it EVERY NIGHT before I went to bed and some of use aren't great with remembering to do that. So here's what I did this year, I got this 'spray tan' from Neutrogena. (MicroMist Sunless Tanning) Now I know that when someone says spray tan everyone freaks out because no one wants to be orange, well I am NOT orange and I just did it. :)

So my legs are SUPER pale and the sunless tanning actually made them look, normal. lol It was great. I took a shower and dried off then sprayed on the MicroMist -following the directions on the bottle- and two hours later (it darkens over a period of two hours)well I did another coat two hours later, but now they are looking great! I'm probably going to do ONE more layer but just so that I'm all like goddessy like with my tan at the convention. haha!

We all like instant results, but sometimes you have to wonder if they are really worth it? Well yes, this instant result was great. :) I'm not orange and I don't have any like drip marks or anything. I am extremely pleased and I hope you will be too if you try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment