Friday, April 13, 2012

Disappointment: X-Men

So I know X-Men isn't an anime, but I love Marvel. I've roleplayed several times within the Marvel Universe, both in an X-Men roleplay and a Next Avengers roleplay. Well point being, its not anime, but whatever. I watched the movies and found some pictures of a fiery red-head who was just awesome....yes, Jean Grey. I think she is just awesome. That being said I have scoured the comic book sellers at anime conventions and any where else I could find and if I EVER see Jean Grey or The Phoenix: I get the comic. always. I've yet to read them.... @.@ afraid to mess them up, but still! I love her.

So I was at Barnes and Noble the other day and she wasn't ANYWHERE! I was then informed by my company at the time that Phoenix wasn't a 'main' character because she was too powerful. Whatever that means. I looked through the encyclopedia of Marvel characters though and was extremely disappointed to only find TWO PAGES on Jean Grey, then a few small excerpts....I was not happy at all. I mean she is my favorite character and several times I have bought comics thinking she would be in them: Btw WTF (what the fudge) is up with this chick Hope or whatever. :/ ? I mean seriously? She just came from nowhere and is all havin' Jean's hair color, making me think the comic had Jean or Phoenix in it....making me buy the darn comic...

So yeah that's today's post....Think about your favorite super hero and then think about how awesome Phoenix/jean Grey is and feel shamed because she is cooler. Come on, a fierce red head with nearly infinite power....yeah, she could kick your super heroes but...especially if you thought of Super Man. :P (We don't like Super Man here, we are Batman kind of people. )

So to sum things up:
~Jean Grey/ Phoenix is awesome
~She should be a main character
~I'm disappointed she isn't
~I'm annoyed with Hope Summers for making me buy comics without Jean in them
~Shame for you. :P

Haha have a great day every body.

1 comment:

  1. I am not sure about Jean but I love Marvel as well. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete