Monday, June 25, 2012

Anime Blues Con

Hey guys! So this is super late, like a week or two late and I'm sorry about that. So I went to Anime Blues Con in Memphis TN and I had my own Anime Lovers Delight Booth! :D Yay! I passed out a lot of cards and tried to build readership (ironic because I was late on my post.... 0.0 hmmm I should work on that) and what not. So at my booth a lot of people came by and spoke to me about a thousand different animes and that was by far the best part of the convention for me! I loved speaking to so many people about our common interest. I recommended Wolf's Rain, Chrono Crusade, Ga Rei Zero, and Rin Daughters of Mnemosyne mostly however one fellow came up to me saying he loved romantic comedies and I recommended B Gata H Kei: Yamada's First Time and My Bride is a Mermaid. Congratulations Memphis! Your people really know their stuff! The second biggest highlight was the Sleeping Samurai panel that was open 24 hours a day. :D It was amazing. You went in, paid two dollars and used a foam katana to beat up your friends! XD It was so fun and exciting. I got a few real tips from my friend Aaron who also hosted a self defense panel where you learned easy ways to defend yourself in real life, you know, simple moves that anyone could do. I wish I could have attended the panel, however I couldn't...I was at my booth XD Well after that I didn't get to go to many panels, however they did have a maid cafe, I miss it so much. Every convention I go to I miss the maid cafe! It was horrible! I wanted to go but I never got the chance. I closed up my panel and went to the rave with some friends, however I have to say I was really disappointed in the Blues Con rave. It was a huge disappointment. First of all they played radio dub-step music.....not what you play at a rave for people how go AGAINST the radio most of the time. :/ Sooo bad music first of all. There was a small turn out really and almost EVERYONE (95% of the rave goers) were all crowded around the stage listening to this one guy talk and cheer....I definitely go to a rave to dance, not adore one person on the stage. :/ No offence to him, I'm sure he's very nice, but I don't go there to worship. So yeah, not to mention he got people up on the stage, cool right? Well most of them were very attractive girls who were grinding and licking faces...it was sick. I don't wanna see them having sex on stage either. So lets see: Bad music, poor turn out, sex on stage, and idol worship. OH! And, get this, no bags. In the past it's been no big bags and they searched your bag before you entered, that's fine, that perfect. But Most rave clothing don't have pockets...HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO CARRY YOUR CELL PHONE?! What if there is an emergency? "Sorry doctor, I couldn't come and tell you that she was allergic to that medication because I was in a rave and didn't have my phone on me because I didn't have pockets." That's going to play out well. :/ I love you Victor, you are my big black man and I love ya for enforcing the rules, but that one kind of bugged me. :/ Side Note: Also....freaking M-TAC this year. Their rave seemed cool, but five minuets into it I found some dude's phone and the staff WOULDN'T TAKE IT! Definitely my most angry moment at any convention in my whole life. the man told me they didn't do that....he wouldn't even hold the phone! He wouldn't go turn it into hotel security for me or anything. Its not like he is going to have to wait in line to get back in the rave...he works there. I was so close to throwing the phone at his head and kicking him in a bunch of horrible places. I ended up having to leave the rave to give the guy back his phone and I ended up yelling at him. :/ I never got back in the rave that I waited all year for. Feel horrible M-TAC staff, you hired a douche. yup I said it. Now that that is over though....*ahem* -calms down- Blues Con had some really big speakers, for instance, Lord Zed from Power Rangers. Heard he was really good. They had a ton of great artists there and the dealer room (while small) had some great deals. :) My conclusion of Blues Con: A little disappointing in some area, but over all a good weekend. :) Glad I did it.

1 comment:

  1. Well sorry that the rave wasn't as much fun as you'd hoped. I was a bit bummed I didn't get to go... not so much now I guess.

    Hopefully next year will be even better but overall I'm glad you had fun. Be sure to thank the Con staff when you get some time.

    ReplyDelete