Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Keep It On The DL - Where To Find Your Manga

Hey guys, alright so I've noticed something lately. Finding manga is getting more and more difficult, and not only because they can be rather expensive sometimes or even scarce. You used to could go to Barnes and Noble or Waldens, there was even a Hastings around where I live. However lately I've been hearing that a lot of book stores are going out of business! Its horrible, and I don't know if you've seen the mangas available on the Nook or whatever it going on, but its a pathetic selection I've been told. Anyways....lots of my friends have been trading off where they can read their favorite mangas, some of them because they can't collect manga because its just too darn expensive, and other because their favorite mangas simply aren't available. Now I'm here to introduce you to the best websites to find your unattainable manga.

Alright so lets get started, first of all, buy as much as you can if you like the series. :/ Honestly I am a believer in reading it free online, but if you can afford to and you really like it, support the author and stuff and throw 'em a bone by buying one in the store or ordering it online.

So the websites that I have found that work best for me have been www.mangaone.com and www.mangafox.com. I know Mangaone cut down on a lot of their manga because of copyright stuff but it still has a few. Also Mangafox has this great advanced search filter so that you can select the genres you do and don't want to appear if you're just browsing around for a new manga to read.

I will probably add more websites to the list later but the most recent website I've started using is called MangaTraders (www.mangatraders.com) I warn you you have to make an account to download manga, but its completely free and it didn't hurt me sooo yeah it's worth it. They also have an advanced search where you can filter out genres and what not so that's really nice for me. :)

Now you may be thinking, well that's all nice and dandy but I still have to buy my manga to tread it on trips of I don't have a Nook or whatever. Well no, not really. If you don't have one of those new-fangled darn things that gives you internet access on the road, don't worry, I've got you covered....sort of. My Zune doesn't have internet BUT it does support pictures. So if you have a way you can bring pictures on a flash drive or on your Ipod or whatever heres what you can do. Go online and download the manga you want from Mangatraders or find a place by google, but becareful cause of viruses okay? They suck.

Next get the scans and download them onto a flash drive or your Ipod or Zune or whatever you're taking with you that will let you see the pictures. then once you're on the road, read it by just looking through pictures! :D Yay! Have a nice day everyone and remember that manga rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment